DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ROMAN AND CELTIC SOCIETY
- Romans had different and more extravagant entertainment.
- The Roman language was called Latin which was used by the Roman Empire. Celts spoke celtic and could communicate with other Celtic tribes.
- The Romans imposed taxes and Roman Law on the societies they conquered however they kept the peace by letting the Celtic leaders run local councils.
- The Romans saw the Celts as disorganized and quarrelsome between the tribes. However Celts did work together within tribes.
- The Romans built large city's while the Celts led a more rural village life.
- Celtic people were divided in separate tribes, whereas the Romans felt pride in one nation,the Roman Empire.
- The Celts used bendy dirt tracks while the Romans had well-engineered straight, fast stone roads.
- Romans used civil engineering such as bridges to move water, heat houses and build lighthouses.
SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ROMAN AND CELTIC SOCIETY
- They both had a clear leader.
- They both venerated skill in fighting.
- Both had subdivision of tasks according to skills.
- Both had multiple gods.
- They both used forced labor.
- They both used chariots.